Thursday, July 21

Wisdom Teeth and Ice Cream

 Mmmmmmm Milk chocolate peanut butter ice cream with brownie chunks....
De-licious!

My younger sister Taylor requested this the other day and I finally got around to getting the groceries needed for it.
Do you ever feel like actually making it to the store is more difficult than running in the ocean?
Maybe it's just me.

I know I say this every.single.time but this ice cream..milk chocolate peanut butter..is my new fav.
Hands down winner.
It is so good! And creamy!

I'm gonna include the recipe at the end in the event anyone is actually interested..I feel like I can do that because I came up with it myself.
Sometimes you have to toot your own horn.
Tooooooot!

Anyway, I also made chicken and dumplings and a big container of banana pudding.
Gum-friendly fare.

Why the nursing home food you ask?
Chuck is having 3 wisdom teeth cut out today...
Pray for me.

I'm nervous about the Chuck I will be seeing this afternoon.
Especially after I offered to take him to the doctor and wait on him and he said;
"No. Saigon is taking me. I'm afraid of what I might do or say to you."
I'm scurrrrrrrd.

Not really but I get my feelings hurt easily.
I'm sensitive like that.

I always tell him that if he ever really hurts me I'm gonna burn his house down.
I'm sensitive like that.

On a side note..why are they called "wisdom teeth"?
Do they make you wise?
Is that were your wisdom is stored?

I'm gonna choose to believe the latter only because I STILL have mine.
But I think I only have one...Chuck has three...
What does that mean?

I'll think about that and get back to you.

The Heat and Mercy left yesterday.
And I cried.

She called me at 7 pm yesterday and told me they were boarding the plane to South Africa.
And I cried.

Mercy's butt called me just before she called.
And I cried.

It's going to be a loooong eleven days people.

But you know what will help us get through it?
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Brownie Chunks.
And it just so happens I have a recipe!

Taylor's Ice Cream 
Makes approximately 1.5 quarts
6-ish Servings
Ingredients:;
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
5 Egg Yolks
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6 Ounces Milk Chocolate Pieces(bar, chips, whatever you're feelin).

Directions;
A. Put 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup peanut butter in small pot and cook on medium-low heat.  While mixture is heating through, whisk the peanut butter so that it combines with the milk.  It may be a bit thick so watch and don't let it burn!
B. Once the cream/peanut butter mixture is bubbling around edges only, remove pot from stove and pour the milk chocolate pieces into the mixture.  Wait about 30 seconds then stir to combine chocolate/cream/peanut butter.
C. Once all chocolate is melted, pour remaining cup of heavy cream into the pot and stir to combine.  It should be a smooth, creamy consistency.  Pour this mixture from the pot into a non-metal bowl and set a strainer on top.
D. Return pot to stove. (It's OK if there is a little bit of chocolate/peanut butter left behind, but if you are worried then just wash it out or use a new one.) 
E.  Combine cup of milk and granulated sugar in the pot and cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
F.  While sugar is dissolving into the milk, whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl until they are slightly pale..about 1 minute.  Once sugar is dissolved and the milk is heated through you need to temper the egg yolks.  While whisking yolks, slowly pour half of the warm milk into them being careful not to cook the eggs! Once eggs are tempered, pour them into the pot with the rest of the milk and continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
G.  It will only take about 5 minutes for the egg/milk mixture to become custard-consistency so keep whisking!!  When the mixture is ready you should be able to run your finger down the back of the spoon and the line will stay.  
H. Pour custard through a strainer into the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.  Add vanilla and stir to combine all. 
I.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches surface of ice cream mixture, and refrigerate at least 6 hours but overnight is better;).
J.  When it is chilled pour it into the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer recommendations then stir in brownie bits, or whatever extras you want and freeze.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me..