Friday, March 30

The Road Not Taken


I was going to be a vet.
That was the plan.

Or, at least, according to BossMan it was "the best thing for me".
He would know.

But here I sit, telling YOU about my daily routine and farm happenings.

I didn't go to vet school, I didn't even try for that matter...I simply allowed life to happen to me one step at a time.
I didn't know what I wanted to do, I just knew I wanted to be happy.
I sought the ever coveted "approval" of my dad...instead of following my heart.

Did I make mistakes?
You betcha.

If I had it all to do over again, would I?
Not in a million years.

It took me 26 years to get to this seat, and the past 3 have been the best of my life.

I am finally me, and make no excuses for it.

Thinking back to high school and college, I never tried to "fit in" really.
I wanted to be different...wanted to do my own thing.

I might not have gone down the more traversed path, but I didn't find my path either.
I found myself on some sort of undefined path, the one you take when you stop listening to the Angel that walks with you.

It was when I reached the end of that trail, that my eyes were finally ready to see the, less traveled path that stood before me.

During the times when I feel lost, I grab my girl Kirra, and we walk together and just breathe.
I try to remember that it took me a long time to find this place, and if it's where I am supposed to be, which is undoubtedly true, then all I can do is trust in myself and the One who brought me here.

It's not a matter of whether or not you believe...it's whether or not you are ready to trust.

 The Road Not Taken
 
 
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.   
Robert Frost (1874–1963).  Mountain Interval.  1920.


Love,
WellTraveledCowLady

2 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me.
    jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not only my favorite poem, but my current life path...

    Stop getting in my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me..