Thursday, April 5

I Go Back

We have been married for 3 weeks, just 3!
It seems like longer, in a good way:).

Occasionally, at random times throughout the day, I will take a minute and go back to a moment.
Just one single moment from our wedding week.

Do you do that?
Does this fade?
I don't want it to.

This morning I went here...


This was 'Sweetie Pie II'...our honeymoon cottage.
If I close my eyes I immediately feel the breeze....

I am sitting on our porch, overlooking the ocean and Chuck is lounging in the hammock.

It's warm...but not hot.
It's secluded...but in the middle of everything.

I don't want to leave, and I most certainly don't ever want to forget.

I take deep breaths, trying to inhale as much of the ocean air and I can.
The waves are big and crashing...some on the sandbar and some on the shoreline.

Every now and again a fighter jet interrupts the serenity of my space, invading the solitude of the day.
Just momentarily.
Long enough to give me a sense of security...that there are men and women out there, making this moment possible.
Brave men and women.

I start thinking about their sacrifices, and am brought back to this place by a seagull...who has landed on the rail.

I turn my head and it flys off, towards the seemingly endless blue water.
I look at Chuck who has fallen asleep, undisturbed by the noises and winged visitors.
And I am at peace.

I realize I have only a few short days in this place.
Only hours to imprint this memory.

However this feeling, a sense of peace where the heart and soul meet, is mine forever.
No matter where I go.

Three hours, three days, or three weeks.
I have this.

Love,
DreamingCowLady

2 comments:

  1. A lovely memory. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonderful thing is that this memory will always be there, But there will be more.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me..