Sunday, February 19

No Comments Section


 5866 is a pretty cow, isn't she?

Do you shop online?
Personally, I prefer to shop online....for a number of reasons.
-I can do it anytime of the day.
-I can find pretty much anything...I'm a Google-freak.
-It doesn't matter how I smell, or what I look like.
-I practice zero-tolerance for people.

So, if you get a gift from me, rest assured it will probably be bought online.
Some people think that it doesn't mean as much, and that would make them just plain wrong.
Yep.  That's what I think.

It actually means more...it means that I have scoured the internets at blazing near dial-up speeds, read countless product reviews and finally gone back and forth 34 times picked the perfect gift.

I love you that much.

Product reviews are so helpful, aren't they?
I mean, hello!  You can read all about the pros and cons before even buying the product!
Genius I tell you!

Occasionally, if you're lucky, you will run across a review or comment that makes you wonder how that person remembers to breathe each day, like:
 I was so disappointed.  There was no place to even put the kernels of corn.  I thought that it being a 'corn popper' meant that my son could actually pop corn while he played....

That was an actual review of the Playschool 'corn popper' toy that I got for my nephew..who is one...
Yeah.  Let that sink in.
That poor child.

Most of the time the reviews are just reinforcement for me to buy what I was after.
Sometimes they change my mind...this makes me feel like a savvy shopper...

I had a thought this morning on the way to work...and please don't freak out on me.
Obituaries are kind of like "people reviews"....
Eh?

Only, you can't meet that person anymore.
..and the whole simile is kind of scary.
...plus I don't read them, because I don't read the paper...ohhh likeyoudidn'tknow.

What if someone were to write a review on your life?  Or, perhaps the choices you make?
Would you want to know you?

This whole thing got me thinking about the choices I make every day.  Although I use past experiences to guide me, ultimately they are my choices.  
I don't get to read reviews before I make them.
Shoot, I have already put that sucker in the cart and clicked "pay now".

Like my Ag. Engineering teacher Dr. Hart always said, "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later"...
He also said, "there's the right tool for every job", which I spout out to Tim just to make him mad..heh.

But Dr. Hart was right, the choices we make now either lift us up, or cause us to pay later.

...and I don't know about you, but that's not the kind of bill I want to run up;).

Matthew 7:13-14 

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

Love,
ThoughtfulCowLady



3 comments:

Lay it on me..