Tuesday, July 31

What Would Michelle Do?


I lead two lives.
There.  I said it.

For the past 4 years, unbeknownst to moi, I have been known as "Rachael" to the English speaking folk of the farm, and "Michelle" to the non-English speaking residents.

I can't say that they speak Spanish.
I just can't!
I bring people here who speak Spanish just to translate for me, and you know what??
They don't comprende'.
Whatever.

And it's "Mee-Shell" ifyoumustknow.

Know how I know?
Knowknowknowknowknow.
I'm done now.

I told my workers to do something yesterday..nothing confusing..just to "let group 2 outside after you milk them, then bring them in the next morning".
Si?

An hour later I get a phone call from a lady who called me "Mee-shell", asking me to explain the instructions to her so she could translate for them.

So I have had my suspicions for a while now, because when they come to talk to me they mutter something first...
What did they just call me?
Rashell?
Michelle?
But the lady on the other end of the phone spoke very clear English and clearly said "Mee-shell".

So hey, I'm Michelle, it's nice to be here today.
You look great!  Have you lost weight?

Michelle is very bohemian-Idon'tcarebutIdo-girlie.
She is everything I am not...good at drawing, singing, building...listening.
She is compassionate...like the Humane Society commercials that make you wanna jump off a bridge.

Michelle is left-handed which, in all of my years of livin', I have noted to be a trait that outstanding people possess.

She always says the right things.
Always waves and says "hello"..that's for Tim.

She doesn't bite.

Mee-shell for president!

OK, I'm finished.

Anyone else have an alter ego?

Love,
MisunderstoodCowLady



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me..