Sunday, December 2

Closing Time

What a strange December so far, huh?
It was 65 degrees out here yesterday and the bugs they are confused.  I saw a few yellow jackets stumbling around and sighed the "you're-gonna-die" sigh.  Strange indeed.

So today is my last day as herdswoman here and it's a heartache and a half.  I told Mercy yesterday that I just feel like I was put on this earth to take care of these cows, because they can't take care of themselves.  Maybe my purpose is taking care of things...not so much people things.  Animal things, yes that's where it's at.

I took Rowdy the Great and Kirra the Sweet home with me yesterday, and this morning I have missed them terribly.  They are happy though, and I was able to sit on their big, fluffy beds with them before they went to sleep last night.

The vibe around here is sort of the "oh well" kind.  It's funny how some people can be so easily-effortlessly-replaced.  Oh well.  It's like Eddie told me before I left to get married, and I was freaking out about leaving(you remember), "the circus still goes on, even if one monkey drops out of the act".
He's writing a book now called, "Eddie's Words of Wisdom" and I probably will wait until the $1.99 downloadable version comes out before I think about buying it.  Thanks bud.

Gus has been sold, there really is a sucker born every day, heh JUST  KIDDING!  We did sell him, buuut the purchasers know the good/bad/ugly details about the fella.  They have lots of time to spend working with him, and getting him over his...quirks, so that's a plus! My back hurts......

This whole, sad ordeal is kind of like my back pain.  As long as I don't think about it I can take off running after a cow and be fine...for 20 seconds.  As soon as I stop for a minute it hurts.  That's where I am right now.

From where I started to where I am now has been a journey and a half.  This is not a job, it's a life.  Anyone who says otherwise isn't doing it very well.  I started with a herd that had few records, the cows were disorganized, the equipment old and rigged-up and employees habits were horrible.  I have made an about-face and can leave knowing I have given everything I have, sometimes more, to this dairy and these cows.  I am proud of me, and maybe I can be happy knowing I finished strong.  We shall see.

Tomorrow means a new day and a new job.
I just need to get through this day.


.....every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Love,
AlwaysCowLady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me..