Friday, December 21

I Carried a Watermelon

Like, all week.

First of all, for anyone who is not familiar with a certain Dancin' Dirt-ay movie, here ya go...
I carried a watermelon
Click^ and learn.

Did you wince a little when you saw that?
Oh the embarrassment!
I always wince a little, like really?  A watermelon?  Dork-tastic.

I carried a watermelon this week, pretty much every day.
Anytime I was in "small animal world" at the clinic I was trudging along with that great big thing.

I would be standing, oh, anywhere really, and someone would walk in the door, catch my eye and say something CRAZY like:
"I'm dropping off my dog"
"I need a new heart worm pill"
"How much does a rabies shot cost?"

And there I'd be...."Uh...I carried a watermelon....".

Then I would run and ask someone what to do.  Problem solved.

My only saving grace were the large animal days, or the random "hey can you go pull a calf?" call.
HeckYesICanPullACalf!
Couldn't. leave. fast. enough.

Or, when someone would would walk in with a calf question and suddenly I was struck with diarrhea of the mouth...which, by the way, is what happens if you eat too much watermelon.  Only not the mouth.
Just so ya know.

There's been a lot of crazy, a little normal, and a new world of learning, but I have enjoyed it so far.
I love the people I work with, and laugh more each day than anything...other than gagging.
I can handle cow smells, horse smells, heck even pig smells..but there are some dog and cat smells that are just off.the.charts nas-tay.
Ew.

I actually got into a man named "Coyote"'s truck today and gave his wildabeastofadog a shot...and made it out alive with ten fingers.
That's a win.

Then, at the end of the day I had to answer phones for a short stint, which involved a lot of unintentional hang-ups, in betwixt the intentional ones of course, and trying to manage payments while holding a watermelon.
People just wanted to give me money, and I will be danged if I didn't know what to do with it.

Oh, and I learned that I can handle a 300 lb calf all by myself, but I need 2 people to help me hold a chihuahua.
Go figure.

I guess this would sum up my week....


happier than a squirrel with a nut!

Love,
EternalCowLady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me..